Don’t Lift & Shift: The Benefits of a Cloud Native Strategy
For the last several years, enterprises have been migrating their workloads to the cloud in various ways. Although there has been significant growth in new application development born natively in the cloud, most existing application migrations have come in the form of a “Lift & Shift” to IaaS. This approach does not unlock the value of the cloud or take advantage of PaaS services such as AI, ML, DBaaS, etc. Modernizing applications to realize the full benefits of cloud native PaaS services is not easy and that is why many organizations have taken the easier path to IaaS. However, organizations that are being more strategic about cloud migration and application modernization are realizing significantly more benefits from cloud migration such as lower costs, more scalable architectures, and application innovations that enable them to be nimbler and more agile when servicing their customers.
Avanade and CAST have partnered to help customers realize the true benefits of cloud native application modernization. Attend this webinar to learn about the following:
- Why are enterprises simply defaulting to a Lift & Shift to IaaS and not migrating to the more advantageous PaaS cloud?
- What are the benefits of migrating to PaaS?
- How can an enterprise plan a more strategic cloud migration by developing a prioritized roadmap for an entire portfolio of applications?
- How can migration be accelerated by identifying exactly how to remove roadblocks to migration?
- What is the best way to get started and avoid common pitfalls that prevent rapid success?